3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 5:31 PM by A.T. Romano

Pasting to a different line

Garry Brindley

How do I paste a section of a clip (which I have cut) from Video 1 to Video 3? I want to copy it to a different place and merge the two clips, but when I try to do thsi it pastes onto Video 1 and moves the rest of the clip forward.

• 1. Re: Pasting to a different line
          A.T. Romano Level 7

garry brindley

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Generalizing...you could copy the Video 1 clip, move the Timeline Indicator to the right (out of the way), and paste the Video 1 clip at the position of the Timeline Indicator. Then, holding the the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, drag the copy to its destination. The Alt key involvement is expected to avoid disturbances to the existing Timeline during these activities.

Please let us know if the generalized comments work for you. If not, please more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Pasting to a different line
            Garry Brindley Level 1

Thank you - it worked!

Sorry I forgot to include details - for the record it's version 13.1 using Mac 10.8.5

Garry

• 3. Re: Pasting to a different line
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Garry

Wonderful news. Great follow through.

Some times those Timeline maneuvers can get complicated.

If you get into a situation where a whole block of clips is impacted by Timeline movements, you can select all those clips all at one time and apply the Group command

to them so that they will move as one as you are adding a component to the existing Timeline. "Drawing" a rectangle with the mouse cursor around the clips involved in order to

select them is a convenient way to select all at one time.

Best wishes

ATR