2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 1:10 PM by Angela Ferrell

IE9 loadComposition Issue

Charles Joyner Level 1

Hello all,

I have been researching Adobe Edge Animate's IE9 loadComposition issue for the last two hours and have not found any answers.  The post linked below is from December 2014 and is unanswered, but I believe it is the exact same issue I am having.  Is this issue solvable using Adobe Edge Animate or is there another solution out there?  I ask because if Adobe Edge Animate cannot be used to solve this issue, I would like to move on to something else instead of continuing to look for answers that are not out there.  Any help or insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

IE9: AdobeEdge object doesn't support method loadComposition

• 1. Re: IE9 loadComposition Issue
          Angela Ferrell

Same here. ADOBE HELP!!!!!!!!

The error kept showing up as line94, so I opened the edge.5.0.1.min.js file and commented out this line - now the page loads, but no interactivity - my buttons do not work - only in IE9. Other browsers seem to be working still.

/*H.audio=function(){var a=document.createElement("audio"),b={};a.canPlayType&&(b.m4a=!!a.canPlayType('audio/mp4; codecs="mp4a.40.2"').replace(/no/,""),b.aac=b.m4a,b.mp3=!!a.canPlayType("audio/mpeg;").re place(/no/,""),b.wav=!!a.canPlayType('audio/wav; codecs="1"').replace(/no/,""),b.ogg=!!a.canPlayType('audio/ogg; codecs="vorbis"').replace(/no/,""),b.oga=b.ogg);return b}();H.video=function(){var a=document.createElement("video"),b={};a.canPlayType&&(b.webm=!!a.canPlayType("video/webm ").replace(/no/,

""),b.mp4=!!a.canPlayType("video/mp4;").replace(/no/,""),b.ogv=!!a.canPlayType('video/ogg; codecs="theora, vorbis"').replace(/no/,""),b.ogg=!!a.canPlayType('video/ogg; codecs="theora, vorbis"').replace(/no/,""));return b}();*/

• 2. Re: IE9 loadComposition Issue
            Angela Ferrell Level 1

Update-

My buttons aren't clickable b/c IE9 does not recognize pointer-events: none

So, back to the drawing board...

Although, with the lines of code I commented out of the edge js file, I'm assuming I can't use sounds with that commented out.

ADOBE - still need your help with this. Is there some work-around I'm missing?