• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close-captioning Adobe Connect pre-recorded webcast

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As part of a larger project, for 508 compliance I need to add closed captions to some Adobe Connect informational webinars that are posted on a federal government website.

I am familiar with creating closed caption files for video and have ability to save timed captions in many different formats.

I have not captioned before for Adobe Connect.

What type file do I need to deliver to client to add the captioning to their posted webcasts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the webcast hasn't happened, then you can have them use the Closed Captioning pod which can use a Closed Captioning service and the captions should also play back as part of the recording.

If the webcast has happened and you are looking to add captions to the recording, I think the only real option is to make, or have them make, and off-line FLV version of the webcast which could then be treated as a video file that needs captioning added to it. I don't know of a reasonable way to add captions to the source files of a Connect recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny but the open captions generated by my vendor that appear in the caption pod are NOT captured by the recording! Should they be? Is there a setting somewhere that activates this? Why would the recording not capture my captions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines