1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 9:32 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 - programme closes everytime I open my project within 5 seconds - HELP

ellaf1776661

Please can somebody help with the above.

The programme closes with no error message or anything, every time I open the project I am working on.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 - programme closes everytime I open my project within 5 seconds - HELP
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ellaf

How long have you been working with Premiere Elements 8.0 successfully? Are you a newcomer to the program?

I will start with the usual questions and then we can fine tune next.

1. Are you working with the 8.0.1 version of the program? If not, then download and install the 8.0.1 update.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update

2. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features disabled. If not, please do so.

For Background Rendering, see Premiere Elements Editor Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the Background Rendering preference

there. For AutoAnalzyer, go to the Elements Organizer workspace, Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options and disable all those

options.

3. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

4. Does this problem occur only when you are opening a saved closed project and trying to continue working on the project? Does

the problem occur even if you open a new project? Can the problem happen even before you import media into the project?

Let us start here and then decide what next which might include questions about the properties of your source media, project settings,

computer resources and other as applicable.

Please review and consider.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR