• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Sound sample rate problems

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's Dynamic Audio generation page states that dynamic audio is sampled at 44100hz. I am using a dynamic audio generation library and setting its output sample rate to 44100 hz, and when fed into the Sound it is at half speed. I assume that Flash is actually sampling the audio at 22050hz instead of the 44100hz in the document. I can decrease the sample rate output by the library, which makes the audio play at the correct speed, but it kills audio quality.

What should I do in this situation?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Welp, turns out my library was outputting stereo sound, and I was writing each sample twice to the stream with the assumption that the output was mono. When I removed the extra writeFloat call, everything was crisp. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welp, turns out my library was outputting stereo sound, and I was writing each sample twice to the stream with the assumption that the output was mono. When I removed the extra writeFloat call, everything was crisp. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines