1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 7:06 PM by ajmasterblaster

Pre El 11:  Playback stops at random intervals in preview window and timeline

kc74807663

Hi,

I have Premiere Elements 11 installed on a Dell XPS 8500 with Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600), with an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz processor,  32GB RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 graphics card and SB Recon3D PCIe audio card.  My Premiere Elements 11 playback is stopping at random intervals (usually between 1 sec and 20 sec) in both the preview window and the timeline.  It restarts if I press Play, but then stops again randomly a few seconds later.  I've seen that others have had similar problems but unfortunately none of their solutions seems to be solving my particular problem.

Things I've checked already:

1) The playback problem happens regardless of whether I render the video clip first or not

2) My current project settings match my input video (1920x1080, 29.97 fps)

3) My scratch disk settings are up-to-date and everything is set to write to a harddisk with 1.2TB free space.

4) Problem happens regardless of source - I've tried footage from multiple cameras and multiple formats -  .mov, .mts, mp4

5) All source files run fine with no random stopping in Windows Media Player

6) I've updated my video and audio drivers to latest available versions

7) I've uninstalled and reinstalled Elements 11 - no improvement in behavior

8) Problem happens regardless of whether antivirus software is running or disabled

9) Problem happens regardless of whether my monitor/keyboard/mouse are attached to a KVM switch or not

10) Playback is set to desktop monitor only

Any suggestions on what else to try?

Thanks!