3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 7:55 AM by angelikag70713735

Error received on downloading new ebook - Error getting licence E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

debspruce

Hello, I have received this message a number of times now:

I borrowed an e-book from my local library and was unable to open it in ADE

I have recently purchased an e-book; I can download it to Overdrive on my Android devices but wanted to transfer it to my reader - unable to open the book in ADE

The complete error message reads:

Unable to download

Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem:

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

I would appreciate any advice or guidance on what this message means.

Thanks

Deb

• 1. Re: Error received on downloading new ebook - Error getting licence E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
          angelikag70713735

Hello,

same problem

"E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

with ebook-reader "tolino vision 2" and notebook still "Windows XP".

Aobe-ID under same email authorised on both,

but can't transfer ebooks (epubs) from tolino to notebook and otherwise.

Ebooks I already purchased,  I can only download from cloud either to notebook or to tolino. Means, when I purchased with tolino can only read on tolino, did I pay from notebook, I can only read on notebook.

Yesterday I chatted with ADOBE. I supposed I got several IDs. I also have 5 computers inclusive tolino in all my life, not 6 computers.

They told me no, you can only have one ID. Problem must be with the publisher.

I just can't belief that. I'm so bored.

Someone here has any idea, what to do?

Thanks

Angelika

• 2. Re: Error received on downloading new ebook - Error getting licence E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
            enidg84216705

Same situation with me. I have tried in more than one life chat to get help, but nothing, no help at all. I understand that too many IDs plus more than one computor causes the problem. I have also tried to get Adobe to cancel my many email addresses, but that does not seem to work either. I have cancelled my order for the ebooks and consequently must look for an alternate source of ebooks.

My best,

enid goyers

• 3. Re: Error received on downloading new ebook - Error getting licence E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
              angelikag70713735 Level 1

Hello,

be aware I lost a title, which is still shown in the cloud of my wholesaler, where I bought it. But I can't download it anyhow.

Be also aware I am a simpleton, what belongs to computers.

I downloaded  "Adobe digital edition 3"  some month ago instead of version 2 -  "digital edition 4"   is not compatible with German "onleihe" , where you borrow from public libraries.

There is a button  "help"  on  "ade3" , where you find  "authorize your pc". -  I did that and controlled that, I am quite sure.

I better controle this, whenever purchasing books, had the notebook to the shop to clean it, or get a new version of ADOBE or change email-adress or password because of been hacked. Seems as you have to authorize each product and new version of ADOBE, photoshop, ade 2, ade 3 and so on.

Authorizing again "ade 3" with my usual passwort for ADOBE-login, I could download nearly all my books from the wholesaler. It made no differenz if sold over ebook-reader or over PC. Only one title was told "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER", dont know why this and not the others.

Afterwards I connected my tolino ebook-reader with the notebook.

"tolino"  has been shown on the left side, when I started  "ade 3"  on notebook.

I chose one title on the right side of my notebook, clicked the mouse right. I found,  "copy to computer or others"  and wow!  "tolino".  I tried that and what a luck, "tolino"  showed it as well as the notebook.

Viceversa, you stay on your notebook-page of "ade 3". Click to your "ebook-reader"  on the left side. You see the booktitles of your ebookreader on the right side of "ade3" on your notebook

I chose one title on the right side, clicked the mouse right. I found, "copy to computer or others" and wow! it really copied the title from ebook-reader to the notebook. - Hm, only one was not to copy. Why that? I don't know.

For experience I did it first with free ebooks, which I downloaded from the wholesaler. Afterwards with books I paid for.

If you like to laugh about woman on pc you may also like Mark Twains "The Diary of Adam an Eve". I read it last night.

See you read you

Angelika