8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 9:54 AM by johnrellis

facebook plugin

cathyw7698276

is there a current facebook plugin for lightroom 5?

• 1. Re: facebook plugin
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Yes, it's builtin to LR.  Look under Publish Services in the left-hand column of Library mode:

Untitled.png

• 2. Re: facebook plugin
            davidc65583321

I will rephrase the previous question. Is there a Facebook plugin for Lightroom that actually works? Hard to believe I have to waste so much time, like so many others, to solve this issue.

• 3. Re: facebook plugin

What problems are you encountering?  Some problems with Facebook publishing posted here have solutions, others do not.  Be sure to include the exact error message, version of LR, and platform (Mac/Windows).

• 4. Re: facebook plugin
                davidc65583321 Level 1

Facebook plugin no longer works under Lightroom 5. Authorization hangs up. Service will not register.

• 5. Re: facebook plugin
                  davidc65583321 Level 1

Platform is Mac under Yosemite. Cheers!

• 6. Re: facebook plugin

Which minor eversion of LR?  What happens exactly when "authorization hangs up"?  Is there an error message, and is so, what is it exactly?  Is there a dialog window on the screen that never goes away, and if so, what does the dialog say?  (The details matter, since we can use them to search for previous reports and possible solutions.)

• 7. Re: facebook plugin
                      davidc65583321 Level 1

Lr 5.7 Camera RAW 8.7

If I try to add a pic to an exiting album, it fails and a window tells me "Le test d'authentification Facebook a échoué." I then need to check the ok button to close the window. A new window opens. It says: "Impossible de mettre à jour cette collection. Le test d'authentication Facebook a échoué." I again have to click the ok button to close the window.

Now, if I right click the Facebook header, the Gestionnaire de publication Lightroom says on the left "Facebook (non enregistré)" and on the right "en cours d'authorisation". But it's iddle.

If I click the autoriser button a window opens. It says:

Autoriser sur Facebook

Vous devez autoriser Lightroom à accéder à votre compte Facebook. Cliquez OK pour vous connecter à Facebook.com, puis suivez les instructiuon et retournez dans Lightroom pour terminer le processus.

Annuler (button) OK (button)

If I click the OK button, nothing happens. And yes, Lighroom is activited in my facebook settings.

What more can I tell you?plugin

Capture d’écran 2015-04-09 à 12.17.38.pngCapture d’écran 2015-04-09 à 12.17.52.pngCapture d’écran 2015-04-09 à 12.18.04.pngCapture d’écran 2015-04-09 à 12.18.32.png

• 8. Re: facebook plugin

There have been a number of reports recently of LR's Facebook publishing no longer working.  Unfortunately, the symptoms you report are different than the others, so the solutions that worked for some of them (such as deleting LR's preferences or upgrading from LR 4 to LR 5) aren't relevant here.    Adobe hasn't provided much support for its publishing plugins; however, there is a third-party plugin for Facebook whose author has a very good reputation for being responsive to his users.  (He helped Adobe design the publishing plugin architecture.)