1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 6:45 AM by ssprengel

Why do I see different dates on pictures, but only one of them in the metadata?

WaldesRauschen

I have pictures where I see 2 different dates when I look at them with PhotoSweeper, but only one of those dates (the recording date, in the example 12 Jan 2015) is shown and accessible in LR. What about the other date (11 Feb 2015)?Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-27 um 11.44.35.png

• 1. Re: Why do I see different dates on pictures, but only one of them in the metadata?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You’d be better able to judge what the 11 Feb 2015 date coincides with.

Just a guess that the other, newer date is the last modified date of the file, perhaps the date it was converted to DNG or had something else done with it.  It is possible that these dates are tracked by the file system and not internal to the metadata of the photo and would not be visible in the metadata area.

If I change my Metadata viewing filter from Default to EXIF and IPTC then I see four dates in the metadata panel, all identical, for my raw files, none of which are the created, modified, accessed file-system dates tracked by the operating system since those dates are file-related not photo-specific.