3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2007 4:12 PM by phi2265

scrollbar width

Craig Grummitt Level 3
      is it possible to adjust the width of a vertical scrollbar? (or height of a horizontal scrollbar)
        • 1. Re: scrollbar width
          JohnLeger Level 1
          Using ActionScript...

public static const THICKNESS:Number = 16

"16" represents the width of a vertical scrollbar, or the height of a horizontal scrollbar, in pixels.

Hope this helps!

John
          • 2. scrollbar width
            Craig Grummitt Level 3
            thanks for the reply and for directing me towards THICKNESS, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to help for three reasons:

1. THICKNESS is static so it's attached to the class rather than each instance or component(I need different scrollbar widths).
            2. THICKNESS is a constant, meaning it's fixed and cannot be altered.
            3. THICKNESS is related directly to the scrollbar class, whereas i want to effect scrollbars within other components such as panel.

so THICKNESS isn't really going to help me, but thanks for pointing it out to me coz i'm thinking maybe it(and the fact that noone else seems to have much info on this question) is an indication that scrollbar thickness is fixed and can't be customised.

i'll leave this for a few days and then i think i'll have to make that assumption.
            • 3. scrollbar width
              phi2265 Level 1
              What if you edit the scrollbar class and make it so that you can set a value for thickness, then use the new scrollbar class instead of the default one. I have no idea how to do this, but I believe it can be done. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

If I am wrong, look into skinning the scroll bar. I don't know how to do this either, but you might be able to change the width somehow there.