• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player is out of date warning

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I have been getting an Internet web page claiming my Flash Player is out of date and asking me to click a link to update Flash Player, though I know it's already up to date. Sometimes it happens after clicking a link in the web page, sometimes just by selecting a web page in my "Favorites" menu in IE or a link on Opera's speed dial. (Those are the only browsers I use.)

I never click any links on the page, of course. When I click the 'back' button on the browser a pop up box asks if I'm sure I want to leave. I just exit the tab and / or browser instead.

Is this a virus of malicious script?

Anyone else with this problem??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, seems sketchy.

The symptoms sound a lot like this, although I think a lot more than just Linksys has been affected:

Weird, self-replicating 'TheMoon' worm crawls into Linksys routers | PCWorld

I'd power-cycle your router, then make sure that your router has the latest available firmware.

If you're still seeing this all over the place after that, your machine may be infected.  I'd start by running MalwareBytes (www.malwarebytes.org), it's free an well-respected.  If you get hits, you might think seriously about just backing up your important documents and installing a fresh OS and software from pristine sources, especially if you're doing anything sensitive (banking, healthcare, etc) with the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines