3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 7:16 PM by z_trombone

Losing lumetri affects in AE

mcnallyj Level 1

I thought that part of the new upgrade features was the retention of any Speedgrade applied lumetri affects when going into AE?  I know the previous versions stripped out the effect so you had to go to Speedgrade as the last step but was that not an updated feature to retain these?

• 1. Re: Losing lumetri affects in AE
          Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

I thought that part of the new upgrade features was the retention of any Speedgrade applied lumetri affects when going into AE?

This is not true. What lead you to believe this?

When you say "when going into AE", what is your workflow?

After Effects does not currently contain the Lumetri Deep Color Engine. Until we add it, retaining the appearance as applied in SpeedGrade is not 100% possible. We are planning to add it in a future release, possibly late 2015, but no promises. What you can do in After Effects CC 2014.2 (13.2) is to apply the Apply Color LUT effect and choose a SpeedGrade .look file, however this only applies the LUT data, not the additional effects that SpeedGrade stores in a Look, ex. vignetting.

• 2. Re: Losing lumetri affects in AE
            mcnallyj Level 1

I must have been mistaken of what was included in the updates.  I typically do my AE work, bring it in to Premiere to trim and then grade in Speedgrade as the last step.  I had thought I could grade it, then into AE with retained look.  I'll go back to my original method.

thanks,

• 3. Re: Losing lumetri affects in AE
              z_trombone

This "work-around" is a pain in the arse.