5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2015 12:57 PM by A.T. Romano

why won't premiere elements 9 install on my windows 7 64 bit computer?

Suddendeath9

is there a 64 bit version?  I bought the program new in 2011 and still have the media, serial number, etc.

• 1. Re: why won't premiere elements 9 install on my windows 7 64 bit computer?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sidden

Is this the first time you are installing Premiere Elements 9 on your Windows 7 64 bit computer? Or, is this a reinstall of the program on that computer?

How far do you get in the install of 9 on the computer? Any error message along the way?

1. Are you running the program as Administrator?

2. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTIme installed on your computer?

4. Do you have a pen and tablet device installed on your computer instead of mouse?

5. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? What video card/graphics card does your

computer use?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: why won't premiere elements 9 install on my windows 7 64 bit computer?
            Suddendeath9 Level 1

1.  program not running....won't even install

2.  no anti virus, no firewall, no luck

3.  no quick time installed

4.  no pen/tablet, mouse yes

5.  onboard graphics, Asus P5K pro motherboard, Intel E6750 processor, 3 gigs ram, Windows 7 64 bit Professional OS

I get almost all the way installing, I crank in the serial number of the program and then after a short intermission with nothing happening it says it can't install and removes all the files it loaded.

Thanks for responding.

Doug

• 3. Re: why won't premiere elements 9 install on my windows 7 64 bit computer?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Doug

Are you getting any Shared Technologies error message any where in the installation process that is failing?

If you follow the following path, do you find an OOBE Folder?

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files Folder

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder should be the OOBE Folder which you rename from OOBE to OLDOOBE to disable it.

I have several versions of Premiere Elements on the same Windows 7 64 bit computer, including version 9.0/9.0.1.

I am not sure if that route applies to 9.0/9.0.1 as well as to other later versions.

Please let me know if you find that OOBE in the location mentioned before you disable it if you do find it.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: why won't premiere elements 9 install on my windows 7 64 bit computer?
                Suddendeath9 Level 1

I guess I'm not making myself clear......nothing is getting installed, copied or otherwise loaded onto my computer....first the program starts to load, then it asks for my serial number, then it goes out and seems to check the serial number then it says it can't be installed then it erases everything it just spent 10 minutes loading.   The program I have is valid.  I paid $149.00 bucks for it at Office Depot about 3 years ago.  I have the original discs in the original packaging and I enter the serial numbers from the stickers on the package.  The datecode on the box is 7/10.

Interestingly, I have the Photoshop Elements installed from the same package I purchased above and it works fine.  The version is 9.0.0.0

I am running Win 7 Pro with all current updates on Core 2 Duo Intel 2.2 gig processor with 3 gigs memory.

Thanks again for your help.

Doug

• 5. Re: why won't premiere elements 9 install on my windows 7 64 bit computer?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Doug

Thanks for the update.

nothing is getting installed, copied or otherwise loaded onto my computer....first the program starts to load, then it asks for my serial number, then it goes out and seems to check the serial number then it says it can't be installed then it erases everything it just spent 10 minutes loading.

In view of the above and your prior descriptions, have you tried alternative installation files?

If you want to give a look to that approach, please download and install the tryout files for Premiere Elements 9 from the following web site and then insert your purchased serial number into them during installation.

With this route, you need to carefully carry out the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid an Access Denied message.

Photoshop Elements 9 / Premiere Elements 9 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

Back to my questions from post 3

Are you getting any Shared Technologies error message any where in the installation process that is failing?

If you follow the following path, do you find an OOBE Folder?

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files Folder

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder should be the OOBE Folder which you rename from OOBE to OLDOOBE to disable it.

When you are forced into a roll back for whatever installation has taken place, do you ever see a message about Shared Technologies?

And, whether or not the program installs to any extent, does your computer have the OOBE Folder? If so, then please rename it to disable it before

you try for another 9 install.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

Add On....Please remind me....since you purchased Premiere Elements 9, have you ever installed and used it successfully on any computer?