1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2015 7:27 AM by A.T. Romano

How can I see the path from the preview file (*.prel) to my video files ?

hansk46722777

Because a lack of hard disk space I have moved my video files to another drive and therefore unfortunately destroyed the relative connection to the preview file (*.prel).

Therefore the videos are not to be seen in the preview file any more.

How can I get information about the relative path between the preview file and the place for the original video files so I can get those back in the original position ?

or:

It may be possible to change the path for every clip in my preview file - but how ?

I can read answers in English, German or Danish.

• 1. Re: How can I see the path from the preview file (*.prel) to my video files ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hansk

What version of Premiere Elements on what computer operating system?

Generalizing for now...

If you know where the files are by actually seeing them in their hard drive save location and you are getting "Where is the file ______?" messages, then you use those

messages to reconnect the source media to the project. Are you getting those messages and have you tried for the reconnects that way?

If edits are involved in the files that have become disconnected to the project, you can also consider the program's Replace Footage feature.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Replace Footage

Typically either of these ways is one at a time reconnects. With the "Where is the file _____?" message way sometimes you get lucky (depends on the circumstances) and more

than one file at a time might reconnect.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

ATR