3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2015 12:40 PM by A.T. Romano

The type is too small

dukelemoyne

Trying to use Premiere Elements 12. The interface is too small to read. The drop down menus are fine, but the static words (as is the File Edit Timeline etc. headings) and numerals (timeline count) are, for all practical purposes, illegible. I'm displaying on a 25.5" HDMI tv and it's as bad as on my 13" Yoga. As is, the product is unusable. What can I do? Thank you.

• 1. Re: The type is too small
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dukelemoyne

What is the computer operating system on which you have Premiere Elements 12/12.1? It is essentially it is what it is. There is no user control over interface adjustments that you are referring to. But, you can try looking at Control Panel Display for computer adjustment to see if that will do the improvement you seek.

Have you gone into Control Panel Display and looked at the "easier to read options"

Smaller 100% (default)

Medium 125%

Larger 150%

What is the native resolution of your computer monitor?

ATR

• 2. Re: The type is too small
            dukelemoyne Level 1

i made monitor size adjustments, after checking around, I believe the problem is my high dpi monitor, 3200 x 1800. Apparently, Adobe products are known for not working well with high dpi monitors. That's why the drop downs work well while the workspace reads too small. Someone dropped the ball on this one by not anticipating devices like the Lenovo Yoga. Or, if they were aware of the issue, by not stamping it with a huge reflective sticker warning those of us who are playing the home filmmaker game to stay away. Very disappointed because I was happy with Premiere 10 and only wanted a little more processing power behind it. And I question the safety of running old software on a new machine.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date:Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Subject:[Premiere Elements] The type is too small

The type is too small

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

dukelemoyne

What is the computer operating system on which you have Premiere Elements 12/12.1? It is essentially it is what it is. There is no user control over interface adjustments that you are referring to. But, you can try looking at Control Panel Display for computer adjustment to see if that will do the improvement you seek.

Have you gone into Control Panel Display and looked at the "easier to read options"

Smaller 100% (default)

Medium 125%

Larger 150%

What is the native resolution of your computer monitor?

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7239304#7239304 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7239304#7239304

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"      

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: The type is too small
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dukelemoyne

Thanks for the reply.

Had you seen the following thread?

Re: Huge Menu font size on Premiere Elements 13 and Organizer 13, how to configure ?

ATR