2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 8:24 PM by utsi

kobo touch and ADE with regards to library ebooks

utsi

I had ADE 2.0 and my kobo was having troubles accessing the ebooks downloaded from the library.  the library recommended upgrading to 4.0

4.0 resulted in the books not being visible on the touch or kobo desktop.

kobo says there is an issue with 4.0 and I should be using 3.0  so I switch to 3.0 and got a check activation message.  couldn't re-do my authorization on 3.0 though.  and the books wouldn't download at all... so I call kobo again and got a load of DRM hogwash.  that ticket has been sent up to tech to reply to on Monday or later

I've switched back to 4.0 and still can see the books on the drive for the kobo, but not on the kobo reader...

can anyone provide some insights on how I can resolve this?

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: kobo touch and ADE with regards to library ebooks
          utsi Level 1

so for those curious, the issue seems to be on the kobo.  ADE loads into the kobo and the file is visible on the kobo drive, but not the desktop.  glitch means the DRM seems to be broken as the books loaned out have expired, but I can still read them on the kobo.

so far the only service support win goes to TPL...

• 2. Re: kobo touch and ADE with regards to library ebooks
            utsi Level 1

and back to epic fail.  DRM either doesn't kick in, or kicks in when it shouldn't.  Kobo tech support blames ADE and TPL.  ADE says nothing, and TPL says Kobo is at fault. 

kobo support tried to tell me the DRM expired, and I pointed out that since I could read them on ADE on my computer, that was not the case.  the computer at least has a clue.

good luck  to anyone else with this problem.