• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the size of the Adobe Flash Player Setting box?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

So, I just got a new laptop (Lenovo Yoga Pro 2) and the Adobe Flash Player Setting box that pops up is only 4cm x 2.5 cm on my screen, which is barely readable. My youtube loading bar at the bottom of every video is also abnormally narrow (my cursor is about twice the size of the play symbol). I think the two may be connected. If anyone could help me fix these two issue that would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Hi Jeromie,

This is bug 3931405<https://watsonexp.corp.adobe.com//#bug=3931405> Express Install/Badge Install dialog window displays tiny in hi resolution monitor (3200x1800)

I don't know if there's an external bug for it.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoe,

The Settings box is not configurable by the user.  We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it.  Currently there is no ETA for when it will be fixed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the YouTube video, what browser are you using?  When you Right Click on the YouTube video, does it say "About Flash Player" or "About HTML5"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Firefox. When I right click I see "About Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.305...."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie,

This is bug 3931405<https://watsonexp.corp.adobe.com//#bug=3931405> Express Install/Badge Install dialog window displays tiny in hi resolution monitor (3200x1800)

I don't know if there's an external bug for it.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Ok! It's a resolution problem. I lowered my resolution to 1920x1080 and tweaked the display size a bit and I got both the youtube loader and setting box to be a reasonable size. It's still smaller than usual, but with a little more tweaking I'm sure I can get it to where I want it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zoe,

When these dialogs were created the monitor resolutions were much smaller than they are today, and the dialog window was made to a certain size, and doesn't scale.  Now that monitors are supporting 4k, the dialog displays very small, as you have observed.  The plan is to fix the size so that it adjust to an appropriate size depending on the screen resolution.  For now, you can certainly adjust the resolution size to have the dialog window display in a readable size, but eventually, you won't have to do that.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines