3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 12:04 AM by toms59337669

Insufficient privs?

toms59337669

When I try to import media from a file on my MacBook I get an error message "The user do (sic) not have suffiicient privs to write the files in the destination folder or the folder is read-only". Why is this, and is there a way round it?

• 1. Re: Insufficient privs?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

toms

What version of Premiere Elements Mac?

What is the destination folder?

Does copying/ripping DVD video files from a DVD disc have anything to do with your issue?

If so, what is your Save In in the Video Importer if you are using Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer?

If your source media involves other than DVD video files, please give description of your import media?

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...after original post

Have you checked privileges at the destination for Everyone Read and Write?

• 2. Re: Insufficient privs?
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have Yosemite, it sometimes has problems, often related to "default" permissions needing to be changed

-one person's solution https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1689788

• 3. Re: Insufficient privs?
              toms59337669 Level 1

Hi. Thanks for the responses. I am using Elements v.10 I was trying to edit some video files from my camera that had been transferred to my HD - although I suspect I may have found the answer myself - I noticed afterwards that I had less than 1GB of space left on my HD! I will have to try to delete a load of files or transfer them to an external drive & try again. If I continue to have the same issue after I have done that I will be back!