6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 12:51 PM by michaels25385462

photos imported but not written to disk

michaels25385462

Strange Problem - normally I import from my CF card, copy as DNG as write out to an external USB drive.

Lightroom normally creates a folder on the USB drive and the DNG files are there.

For some reason the photos are in the catalog, BUT..... not found as a folder on my disk.

Running OSX Yosemite, LR5 - all up to date - what is happening???

Michael

• 1. Re: photos imported but not written to disk
          Bob Somrak Level 5

Do the photos show as missing in the catalog?  If not, than what happens when you right click one of the photos and choose  "Show in Finder" or "Go to Folder in Library"

• 2. Re: photos imported but not written to disk
            michaels25385462 Level 1

No Lightroom thinks they are there - I have clicked Show in Finder and it opens my USB disk but - the Folder is not there. Lightroom does not realize this.

I think the LR catalog is fine - I just reimported them all and they show as -2 versions in LR but again no where to be seen on my disk or search of Finder....

Very wierd!

• 3. Re: photos imported but not written to disk
              michaels25385462 Level 1

I also see when I thry again that the system indicates they are all in a folder called .fseventsd......

Being a dot filename it is hidden right?

onder if I can just renakme that in OSX somehow

• 4. Re: photos imported but not written to disk
                Bob Somrak Level 5

.fseventsd is one of the 4 hidden files/folders Apple puts on all your drives (along with .trashes, .spotlight-v100, and .DS_Store) and is the "file system events".  I don't think your photos are in this folder.  You should not be able to reimport them either if Lightroom initially thinks they are there.  I'm out of ideas for now.  Sorry

• 5. Re: photos imported but not written to disk
                  Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

michaels25385462 wrote:

I also see when I thry again that the system indicates they are all in a folder called .fseventsd......

Being a dot filename it is hidden right?

onder if I can just renakme that in OSX somehow

Yes this folder is hidden by default. But I thing you can get to it by going to the "Go" menu item then select Go To Folder and type in that name alone with the path. So it would look something like this ExternalDriveName/.fseventsd. But I just tried that on the Macintosh HD partition and all it shows in that folder, greyed out, with a - (Minus) sign with it, lower right hand corner of the Folder icon.

If you still have those images on your memory card I suggest you Copy those images to your external drive in a folder of your choosing/liking and then in LR try importing them again from the folder you placed them in.

• 6. Re: photos imported but not written to disk
                    michaels25385462 Level 1

OK - I resolved it - not solved but resolved.

Removed photos from catalog, and deleted folder. I created a new folder with a new name and reimported - all worked well

I'm "guessing" that when I created the original folder I may have accidentally included a "."

Anyway - all working well - now - I still have a hidden folder on my disk that I cannot delete - but new folder trick worked.

Michael