1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2015 9:14 PM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop Premiere 9 vs 13? Are there any problems with CPU usage and crashing?

stephanies31185794

I stopped using Premiere, because they the computer would freeze and/or the program. I was curious if there was any issue with people currently using Version 13?  I think I loaded it on this computer along with Photoshop Elements 9.  After a while I just kept Photoshop Elements.

System Specs:

Windows 7 premium home edition

Processor Intel R Core TM i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz

Installed Memory 6.00GB   826 GB free

64 Bit Operating system

• 1. Re: Photoshop Premiere 9 vs 13? Are there any problems with CPU usage and crashing?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stephanies

If 64 bit, while 9 will be a 32 bit application with the limitations of a 32 bit application on 64 bit system, 13 will be a 64 bit application which translates into more computer resources available to 13.

Elements Organizer 9 will not integrate with Elements Organizer 13 although you can convert the 9 catalog in Elements Organizer 13. And there is a marked difference in the workspace between the two versions. Principles tend to stay the same, but features can be moved, changed, or discontinued.

I would have expected Premiere Elements 9/9.0.1 to have worked in your computer environment. Since it did not, I would strongly suggest that you look at the free 30 days tryout of Premiere Elements 13/13.1 in your computer environment to assure the compatibility of it with your computer environment and project goals.

Lots of causes for program crashes (any version).

a. Conflicts with antivirus program.

b. Problem with video card graphics card

c. Use of a pen and table device instead of mouse

d. Problematic source media and format conflicts

e. Not running program as Administrator

f. Poor installation

g. Failure to install QuickTime along with Premiere Elements on the computer

h. Not meeting System Requirements in some way.

i. Other

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/system-requirements-premiere-elements.html

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR