10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 4:04 AM by SonyVStyle

AE video issue

SonyVStyle Level 1

Hi. I am all of a sudden having a problem with video showing in my AE renders. I didn't change anything that I can think of. Can someone please help me?

• 1. Re: AE video issue
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details. We don't even know what version of AE much less any other details like render settings, comp settings and so on.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE video issue
            SonyVStyle Level 1

AE CC 2013. I don't know a lot about AE. I always use templates that I've purchased and usually I can just import my video/images and change text, etc and render using Quicktime.mov etc. Usually once I do that I see a movie in the folder I choose to save in. Now all of a sudden, it is only rendering the audio without any video at all. Thanks.

• 3. Re: AE video issue
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll have to show us your render settings and maybe even the composition settings.

• 4. Re: AE video issue
                SonyVStyle Level 1

Also, I just changed the setting to avi and it gave me video, so I am assuming it is something with QuickTime but now sure what it could be... sorry. I don't know a lot about AE. I use A LOT of other Adobe products and Avid products and after learning all of that I am intrigued with AE and am trying to teach myself more about it...

• 5. Re: AE video issue
                  SonyVStyle Level 1

AVI SETTINGS

AVI RENDER SETTINGS.png

QUICKTIME SETTINGS

QUICKTIME SETTINGS.png

THANK YOU!

• 6. Re: AE video issue
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

With the QuickTime format, under format options, change the codec to something like PNG or Photo-JPEG and see what that results as.

• 7. Re: AE video issue
                      Dave LaRonde Level 6

If you use a lot of different applications, it's no surprise to you that they all have their own logic of doing things.

Well, so does AE -- in spades.  Knowing HOW AE goes about its business is half the battle, and here's a great place to learn it:

Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5,  CS6, & CC)

It shouldn't take you too long to wrap your head around it, and when you do,  you'll be a lot happier.

• 8. Re: AE video issue
                        SonyVStyle Level 1

Thank you. I will try when I get home this evening.

• 9. Re: AE video issue
                          SonyVStyle Level 1

Thank you! Once I went under the format options, the first thing I noticed was that it was set to Animation! Although I didn't know enough to even check there I do recognize that was wrong! Lol. I changed it to MPEG-4 Video and it worked. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

• 10. Re: AE video issue
                            SonyVStyle Level 1

I do recognize they all have their own logic and for some reason I've been afraid of trying to conquer AE! I do see when I use the templates from Videoblocks that they are easy to manipulate in regard to effects, etc but the beginning composition portion is a task for me. I am in school and have taken Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, blah, blah, blah but I believe because for so long I didn't recognize what AE did and use to always question what program does all of that that it became bigger than life for me! So, I do have subscriptions to Lynda.com, etc and there is always Adobe tv so... I WILL make myself happier by tackling this! With all of that being said... Thank you!