1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 8:26 AM by RESH

Project timeline consolidate and transcode to Apple PRORES 422?

ioi38804728

I have a Mac and my partner a PC. He'll do the first edit and then he'll send to me the premiere project. I'll finish the edit, send it to the colorist and get it back to do the last details. The problem is: The best option is to edit it in Apple Prores 422, but How could I manage it? PC/MAC? Is posible to work it on premiere and consolidate and transcode it to apple prores maintening the project timeline? I feel a bit lost Thanks.I have a Mac and my partner a PC. He'll do the first edit and then he'll send to me the premiere project. I'll finish the edit, send it to the colorist and get it back to do the last details. The problem is: The best option is to edit it in Apple Prores 422, but How could I manage it? PC/MAC? Is posible to work it on premiere and consolidate and transcode it to apple prores maintening the project timeline? I feel a bit lost Thanks.

• 1. Re: Project timeline consolidate and transcode to Apple PRORES 422?
          RESH Level 2

ioi3884728,

IMO, the easiest solution is to just let your partner edit with the same ProRes files on the PC that you'll be using. (PCs can't export to ProRes except with 3rd party tools, but you can edit with them fine.)

Then have him send you the premiere project and relink the files on your system. It really helps to keep the same folder structure on both systems. If you do this, Premiere will ask for one file for you to find when you try to open his project, and once you locate it, it will relink all the others.

There are lots of other ways, like sending him lo-res mp4s of your originals, then you would replace the footage once you received his project.

Honestly, I'd use the first if it's possible for you two to use the same files.

And I'd always test the entire method first. Let him do a simple edit and see if you can relink and open it.