4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 2:28 PM by christopherm89214685

Sharing video using MPEG2 comes up with no permission error, what do i do?

christopherm89214685

When I go to share my video using the MPEG2 setting, and I keeps throwing a permission error. Changing the file output location, running as admin, changing codec settings, making a new project all have not worked.

I also cannot burn to a disc as it throws a transcoding error, but I'm not sure if that's related to the first issue.

I am using Premiere Elements 10.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Sharing video using MPEG2 comes up with no permission error, what do i do?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

christopherm

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" type issue?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 working on? And, does that computer use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

Are you working with an active connection to the Internet? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

What is the exact working of the permission error...is it asking for MPEG2 Activation?

Can you burn your Timeline successfully to folder instead of burn to disc?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Sharing video using MPEG2 comes up with no permission error, what do i do?
            christopherm89214685 Level 1

I've never tried MPEG2 before so I'm not sure if it would have worked in the past.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, and I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce GT 545.

I have an internet connection, and I don't think my QuickTime installation was completely up to do date,
            but I'm not sure why that would be a problem.

Every instance of using the MPEG2 codec it has always asked for activation instead of saving the code I put in.

Here is the error message I am getting:

error.JPG

And whether or not I burn to disc, or folder it always displays "Transcoding Error" below the progress bar.

Thanks

Christopher

• 3. Re: Sharing video using MPEG2 comes up with no permission error, what do i do?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Christopher

Thanks for the reply.

You have 2 known Premiere Elements 10 issues that need clearing out of the way to see what, if anything, is behind them.

1. There is a serious problem with Premiere Elements 10 run on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce card.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

The answer has been and is to roll back the driver version to about May 2013 (no typing error). In your case, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and the NVIDIA GeForce GT-545

NVIDIA10.JPG

As you see, the oldest driver version is July 1, 2013. That driver version may not be old enough. But worth a try if no where to go.

2. Please install QuickTime latest version on your computer with Premiere Elements.

Once both are ruled out, then back to the present....

1. You say

Every instance of using the MPEG2 codec it has always asked for activation instead of saving the code I put in.

Here is the error message I am getting:

error.JPG

Interesting, since I might expect to see an error message specific to MPEG2 Activation there instead of Error compiling movie.

You report that export to file MPEG2 and burn to DVD disc result in this error. What happens with burn to Folder (4.7 GB)? Same thing?

If none of the above, two possibilities

a. Uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

b. Create a new user account with administrative privileges and install and try to run Premiere Elements 10 from there.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Sharing video using MPEG2 comes up with no permission error, what do i do?
                christopherm89214685 Level 1

Thanks for the advice,

I tried all of the things you mentioned, however none of them worked. I still have exactly the same issue I had when I started this thread.

Also burning to a 4.7GB folder has the same error.

I am not sure how to proceed.

Thanks,

Christoper