• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 5.5 "Fatal Error" Crash Caused by "CS Live" in CS 5.5 Programs

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be an official bug report. Forgive me if there is a more effective way to submit a bug.

Adobe Captivate 5.5 crashes with a "Fatal Error" when the user launches a CS 5.5 program while Captivate is running in the background. This only occurs when the user is signed into Creative Suite's "CS Live" in the Creative Suite programs.

This problem can be reproduced easily by launching Captivate and Illustrator side by side. Then the user must sign into CS Live through Illustrator. Captivate will crash with a fatal error every time. I have confirmed with Captivate running while launching Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.

You can see a quick video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDDSN7rSY0

There is no solution to this bug. I have tried nearly everything, following the framework at Troubleshoot launch issues, problems | CS6, CS5.5, CS5

• Clearing the cache / rebuilding the profile directory in User/AppData/Local/Adobe/Captivate 5.5.

• Reset Windows fonts and deleted all Adobefnt*.lst files / rebuilds on program launch.

• UAC is disabled, I have administrator rights, and the application is set to start in "Run this program as an administrator" for all users.

• Switching graphics from Intel to Nvidia and back for all Adobe applications.

• Disable activation on both Captivate and the Master Collection, then reregistering .

• Deactivating/Uninstalling/Reinstalling the program entirely.

For now I will stay logged out of CS Live in my Master Collection programs.

Windows 7 64 Bit

Dell Latitude E5440

CPU: i5-4300u

GPU: Intel HD 4000 / Nvidia GT 720m switchable

RAM: 8 GB

HDD: 500 GB ST500LM00

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Official bugs are filed at the link below:

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Rick. Bug report submitted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources