3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 7:24 AM by Todd_Kopriva

cannot export to SWF

maria jesusf48592752

Hi everybody,

I am trying to export a video en AE to SWF.  According to the support, I should be able to to it in File/Export/Adobe Flash Player.  However I don't get this option, just the following ones:

- Media Encoder

- Processing queue (not sure how the translation into English is. In Spanish "cola de procesamiento")

- Cinema 4D

- Adobe premier.

Can anybody tell me why?  How can I proceed?

Thanks everybody. Kind regards,

• 1. Re: cannot export to SWF
          slovill Level 1

Queue the comp to render in Media Encoder. Set the swf values in media encoder. Render in the background through media encoder while continuing work in AE.

• 2. Re: cannot export to SWF
            maria jesusf48592752 Level 1

Hi! Thanks for your tip.

I don't have the possibility of rendering to SWF in Media Encoder neither. I am using AE CC2014.  I guess I need some "plugins" (or whatever it is called) to be able to render to other formats (MP4, SWF, GIF...).

Thanks!

• 3. Re: cannot export to SWF
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

SWF export was removed from After Effects CC 2014 (13.0). If you want to export a SWF file from After Effects, you can use After Effects CC (12.2.1) or earlier to do so, but keep in mind that the reason that we removed this feature is because it was not useful. You should be creating SWF files in Flash Professional, not in After Effects. If you want to play a movie that you made in After Effects in Flash Player, then create the movie in the .mp4 format through Adobe Media Encoder.