3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 7:07 PM by A.T. Romano

My premier elements 10 wont open after install

Alan.Daniels

Hi Guys

I have just reinstalled premier elements 10 onto my laptop but find it wont open. It says it is running in the task manager but it doesn't show on screen. I have previously had it on this computer running with no problem. I have photoshop elements 10 running ok!

Lenovo g770 running windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks

• 1. Re: My premier elements 10 wont open after install
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan Daniels

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? NVIDIA GeForce? If so, which NVIDIA GeForce, what driver version and dating?

ATR

• 2. Re: My premier elements 10 wont open after install
            Alan.Daniels Level 1

Hi

AMD Raedon HD 6650 checked driver with device manager said I have the latest drivers.

Alan

To: Alan Daniels <alan.daniels46@yahoo.co.uk>

Sent: Monday, 2 March 2015, 1:15

Subject:  My premier elements 10 wont open after install

My premier elements 10 wont open after install

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionAlan Daniels What video card/graphics card does your computer use? NVIDIA GeForce? If so, which NVIDIA GeForce, what driver version and dating? ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7242079#7242079 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7242079#7242079 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: My premier elements 10 wont open after install
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan Daniels

Thanks for the reply. Glad you did not have a NVIDIA GeForce on your computer.

Let us go through the usual drill to get these factors ruled out (or ruled in).

1. If same computer and just reinstall, still running the program as administrator with latest version of

QuickTime installed? Although you say that your video card/graphic card driver version is up to date, is it the same driver version dating

before and after the re-install?

2. In the before and after, have you switched from mouse to pen and tablet device?

3. Does the problem exist with and without antivirus enabled.

4. Did the reason for the 10 uninstall/reinstall have anything to do with the performance of 10 or was it done for reasons unrelated to 10?

If uninstalled for 10 reasons, what were those issues?

5. Determine if deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file has any impact on the situation. I believe the path to the file is

Libraries/Users/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0.

6. You could consider

uninstall

free ccleaner run through to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete uninstalls and reinstalls

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?mac

reinstall with antivirus disabled

7. Miscellaneous...have you added software to your computer between the uninstall and reinstall of 10...expecially any new

computer security software?

Have you gone through issues specific to Premiere Elements 10 Mac

Updated installation instructions | Premiere Elements 10 | Mac OS

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Macintosh : Premiere Elements 10 Mac Installer Fix

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR