5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 8:22 PM by A.T. Romano

Time stretch on premier elements 13 does not work.

NKANNA

Time stretch on premier elements 13 does not work. Anyone having same issue? Is there a fix ti it?

• 1. Re: Time stretch on premier elements 13 does not work.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

NKANNA

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 working on? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update. If not, please do so.

There is not Time Stretch in Quick workspace. There is in the Expert workspace. Is that where you are?

Assuming that you are in the Expert workspace, how is Time Stretch not working, are you applying it to video or still, and what are you wanting to do

a. create a slow motion effect

or

b. create a fast motion effect

or

c. change duration

or

d. other?

What other effects have you applied to the clip selected on the Expert workspace Timeline before you tried to use Time Stretch on it?

Let us start here and then decide what next. Please detail your steps as much as possible.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Time stretch on premier elements 13 does not work.
            NKANNA Level 1

Yes, I have updated to 13.1 and I am working with iMac OS X Yosemite.

I am not an expert in premier elements, I am learning how to use it. I made a small movie from still pictures in Quick. Now, I am working on my second movie with still images in Expert.

I am working in the Expert and am working with still images. When I open Time Stretch Tool, I can change duration but not the speed. Also it doesn't let me check the the boxes: Reverse the Speed and Maintain Audio Pitch.

What I am trying to do is to create a fast motion effect. I don't think that I used the Timeline before the Stretch.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Time stretch on premier elements 13 does not work.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

NKANNA

I think you are trying to create a Time Lapse video (look). You do that by changing the duration of the clip to 1 to 5 frame duration.

See ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Time Lapse Video Basics

There is no motion in a still. So you will not get a Speed% and Reverse Speed available options. Maintain audio pitch does not apply. You will be able

to get an active duration field where you can increase or decrease the duration of the clip. This is useful when you want to produce Time Lapse

video and need to decrease the duration down to 1 to 5 frame duration for the Time Lapse effect (a fast forward look). Again, see

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Time Lapse Video Basics

Time Stretch can be used for defined purposes for still and for fast or slow motion for video clip on the Timeline.

Time Remapping can be used to create fast or slow motion in a video clip only on the Timeline.

It will not work with

Title

Adjustment Layer

Favorite Moments Clip

Audio

Time Stretched cip

Instant Movie

Please let me know if you are OK with the above information. Based on what you wrote, you do not have a technical problem with the program. It sounds

like normal behavior.

ATR

• 4. Re: Time stretch on premier elements 13 does not work.
                NKANNA Level 1

Thank you very much!

You explanation was very helpful. I am glad to hear that it is not a problem with the program, but rather a normal behavior.

Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Time stretch on premier elements 13 does not work.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

NKANNA

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to learn that you are OK with the details.

You should get some very nice Time Lapse and other video from the program.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you run into a workflow situation that you question.

Best wishes

ATR