4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 5:18 PM by KevDog32

Mercury Transmit not working with vertical display arrangement

KevDog32

I've been using Mercury Transmit with my displays side-by-side successfully.

Today, I moved my 1080p external monitor behind my built-in retina laptop display, and I can no longer transmit to the built-in, while working on the external.

However, I am able to work on the built-in while transmitting to the external, but this is not ideal, since the built-in has more accurate colours.

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 11.29.37 am.png

This works ^^^

but this doesn't work:

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 11.33.05 am.png

• 1. Re: Mercury Transmit not working with vertical display arrangement
          Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

Can you specify how Mercury Transmit is not working in this configuration? Is there no output, wrong output, or something else? Screen shots or a photo of the two monitors may be helpful.

Does it make a difference which monitor the menu bar is attached to?

You stated that this works if the displays are arranged side-by-side. Does it make a difference if the MacBook Retina display is arranged above the external display instead of below it?

• 2. Re: Mercury Transmit not working with vertical display arrangement
            KevDog32 Level 1

By "not working" I mean Mercury Transmit does not appear at all.

I tried the 4 combinations of above/below + menu bar/no menu bar, adjusting the Mercury Transmit Preferences when needed.

The only vertical arrangement where Mercury Transmit will show is the following:

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.28.53 am.png

This doesn't reflect my physical workspace, however.

• 3. Re: Mercury Transmit not working with vertical display arrangement
              Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

Thanks for the additional details. I'll see if I can replicate this configuration.

One thing to check: make sure the After Effects application frame does not extend onto the monitor you want to use for video preview. Floating panels are OK, but if the main UI frame is on the monitor, it can not be used by Mercury Transmit.

• 4. Re: Mercury Transmit not working with vertical display arrangement
                KevDog32 Level 1

2 positions (top or bottom) * menu bar position * Transmit which Display = 8 combinations

Of these eight, only two work: Arrangement 1 and Arrangement 5

Arrangement 1 is bad because I am transmitting to the external monitor which has poor colour gamut.

Arrangement 5 is bad because the screens are placed inverted to their physical positions; I have to travel upwards to go to the bottom screen.

Arrangement 7 is the target.

The picture at the bottom is the limit when Mercury Transmit will stop working. If I move the lower screen any further to the right, Mercury will stop.

1A1A.png

1B1B.png

2A2A.png

2B4B.png

3A3A.png

3B3B.png

4A4A.png

4B2B.png

5A5A.png

5B5B.png

6A6A.png

6B6B.png