• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing font for print magazines

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want your help about licensing the use of a font for a print magazines. What type of licensing does this fall under?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You can find all the information about fonts licensed from Adobe (including fonts bundled with Adobe applications) at:

Font licensing information, end user licensing agreements | Adobe

There is no restriction against use of any Adobe-licensed font in any print media to answer your specific question. Obviously, though, you can't “give” the font files to the printer or publisher, but you can embed them in print-ready PDF, EPS, and PostScript files.

Note that for fonts from other font vendors (i.e. no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find all the information about fonts licensed from Adobe (including fonts bundled with Adobe applications) at:

Font licensing information, end user licensing agreements | Adobe

There is no restriction against use of any Adobe-licensed font in any print media to answer your specific question. Obviously, though, you can't “give” the font files to the printer or publisher, but you can embed them in print-ready PDF, EPS, and PostScript files.

Note that for fonts from other font vendors (i.e. not Adobe), other licensing requirements including higher cost licenses or even royalties may apply.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines