4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 1:39 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 10 won't install.

El Baz

Stalls on "installing shared technologies"  I have tried deleting the two files as recommended in some fora. No joy.  I had it installed before but uninstalled it in an attempt to free up some HD space.  Having made more space in other ways I now would like to reinstall it.  Windows 7 64 bit.  Would appreciate any help from you experts out there.

Baz

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 10 won't install.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

el baz

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit.

The Shared Technologies error has a long history which involves many Premiere Elements versions on various computer operating systems.

There are many home remedies, but no one do this or that.

You wrote

I have tried deleting the two files as recommended in some fora.

And, just were those 2 files?

What has worked for me consistently that last few times I have run into Shared Technologies error is renaming the OOBE Folder from OOBE to OLDOOBE.

Have you tried that yet?

See

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files Folder

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the OOBE Folder that you can disable by renaming it from OOBE to OLDOOBE.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...By the way, what video card/graphics card does your computer use?

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 10 won't install.
            El Baz Level 1

Hello AT

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my question.  The two files that were recommended to be deleted by another forum were:

PDAppFlex.swf

PDAppFlex-app.xml

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX550Ti

I haven't yet tried the renaming of the OOBE file but will do that now.  I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Barry

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 10 won't install.
              El Baz Level 1

Hello again AT

Success!  Thanks so much for that solution.  I had been going mad trying for days to get it to install.  I think it was Einstein who said the definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result! 

Anyway, you're a star!  (How do you know that stuff??)

This is the first time I have used this forum and it couldn't have worked better for me.

Very many thanks

Barry

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 10 won't install.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Barry

Thanks for the follow up with the great news of Success. Great job of sorting through the details of the challenging Shared Technologies error.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements workflows. Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions or need clarifications.

ATR