4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 6:54 AM by Todd_Kopriva

FORMAT RENDER OPTIONS

maria jesusf48592752

It is possible to add new format render options in AE CC2014?  If yes, how?

Thanks

• 1. Re: FORMAT RENDER OPTIONS
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What, specifically, are you trying to do? Are you trying to export to an entirely different format? Are you trying to add a codec for an existing container format? Something else?

• 2. Re: FORMAT RENDER OPTIONS
            maria jesusf48592752 Level 1

Hi. I am trying to render from AE to Flash. I have AE CC2014 and I don't have this possibility any more.  I have created a banner in AE but when it is converted it into GIF ANIMATED is too poor and the size too big.  I know that AE CC2013 has the possibility to export to SWF but I don't know if I can installed it just for this purpose.  I have thought to add new plugins of render formats but I have been looking in tutorials and didn't find anything. Thanks for the support and help.

• 3. Re: FORMAT RENDER OPTIONS
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After Effects has always been lousy at creating SWF files. They are big and buggy and in many cases don't look very good. That's why the option was removed.

Flash Pro is part of the CC Suite and the learning curve for creating banners there is pretty short. That's where I would go if I were to be contracted for a SWF file. Everything that I have done in the last 4 years has been HTML5, not flash, because I don't have a single client that is still using SWF files for anything because everything they do has to be 100% mobile compatible. Flash Pro can help you with that too, AE cannot.

• 4. Re: FORMAT RENDER OPTIONS
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

It's the same answer that you got here:

cannot export to SWF