1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 12:32 PM by A.T. Romano

premiere elements 13 split screen

pearlo9089318

Is there any way to split screen a portion of a video in premiere elements 13?  I know you can do it in iMovie, but it's not worth working with low quality resolution that iMovie produces. 

What I am trying to do is include bullet points from a keynote/powerpoint slide into the video.  My ideas were split screen with the jpg of the slide on one side, a picture-in-picture effect with the jpg of the slide as the small picture, or an overlay of the bullet points text directly on the video.  (If it makes a difference, I am on a macbook pro)

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have been struggling with this for a week or so.  Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: premiere elements 13 split screen
          A.T. Romano Level 7

pearlo

In Premiere Elements 13/13.1, please check out

With one clip on Video Track 1 and the other on Video Track 2 directly above the Video Track 1 content.

fx Effects/Transform/Crop

Also see....

fx Effects/Presets/and one of the static 25% or 40% PiPs (picture in picture effects).

If you have used iMovie, are you familiar with the principles for creating the effect?

Please let us know the outcome. If needed, we will supply some screenshots to demonstrate the

ideas.

By the way, is your Premiere Elements project set as a 16:9 or 4:3 project? How are you outputting your

PowerPoint slides from PowerPoint, 4:3 or 16:9?

ATR