• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe and shockwave constant crashes

Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Posted question with Firefox, but they have sent me here.   I'll start by saying that i'm not the most tech savvy - but can do bits and pieces. Really at my wits end!

Mozilla updated itself to what i thought was the new 36 version, although going through the many troubleshooting processes again today, i stumbled across an option to update firefox - it stated i was running an old version. I used to get the odd flash/shockwave crash - but it always righted itself by me downloading a new one. (it has never shown as being out of date)

I am apparently running Windows 8 (some screens tell me Win7- but it is 8), Firefox 36, plug ins - Open H264 (no clue what/where this came from), Shockwave Flash 16.0.0.305, Silverlight, iTunes app detector and some photo gallery thing- all up to date.

I have run through most of the troubleshooting ideas in the forums. I'm now submitting crash reports every couple of minutes. I have been told that most of my reports are being blocked because of their frequency. I literally have hundreds - 46 today alone. Sorry...47

[@ F1398665248_____________________________] - Firefox 36.0 Crash Report - Report ID: 29a9c873-832a-...

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-41539884-103f-4db5-9cc0-8f73a2150303

Crash Data for Firefox

I have uninstalled firefox, reinstalled. Uninstalled adobe, reinstalled - several times each.   Plugins say all up to date (but then it never says otherwise)  Hardware accelerator on and off - nothing changes.

Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Can't anyone help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry you're encountering these problems.  I'll try what I can to help.

1. Have you tried any browser other than Firefox?  It would be helpful to know if these same types of crashes occur with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.  Both of these browsers have Flash Player built in, so testing should be straight forward.

2. Did this crashing behavior just start occurring?  If so, was there a particular update or event that preceded the crashing?

3. Does the crashing happen consistently?  Ie. If you go to the same web page that contains Flash content, does it crash every time you visit?  Does it crash when you visit this page?  Flash Player Help‌  What pages does it crash on?

4. Can you try resetting your Firefox profile?  Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings | Firefox Help

5. Finally, can you try running through the steps outlined in this FAQ to see if they make a difference?  How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I have in the past encountered the odd crash - but found a work around by reinstalling flash and it usually fixed it.   Firefox occasionally does automatic updates - this happened a couple of weeks ago and ever since i have had issues with flash.

I've tried IE and it seems ok with that - i just dont like the layout- otherwise i would switch.   I have tried pretty much every suggestion in the forums- bar the programming ones.  I really dont know enough to start messing about with that.  I am also unable to narrow down the sites it crashes on - it happens so often, that i lose track. In the plug in window - Flash has never shown as needing updating.

What i have tried -

Disabling hardware acceleration; flash uninstall, restart, reinstall (several times); refreshing firefox; trying in safe mode (got into a pickle!); submitting crash reports (47 the other day in less than 3 hours online)  fact is i have submitted so many that i've been told they are being blocked as they are so frequent; asking in the forums (both Mozilla and here)

I get both top warning bars and the wee icon crash windows where content should be.  Here is an example - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/f1cc9d73-ab3d-4798-a845-805c52150305

I am running Win8 - but for some reason it is being picked up and identified as Win7 in some places.  Also running Firefox 36, plug ins - Open H264 (no clue what/where this came from), Shockwave Flash 16.0.0.305, Silverlight, iTunes app detector and some photo gallery thing- all up to date. 

Fiirefox has also been behaving oddly - slow, and newly opened tabs are over magnified.  I uninstalled firefox today and reinstalled. I have not yet reinstalled flash.

The troubleshoot page you refer to asks about realplayer?   I have never had this installed - even before the issues? And weirdly - i can see your video!? Nice voice by the way.

Am i doomed in Firefox?

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Chris - i did mean to add - some reinstalls work for that session. When i close my browser and go back on later or the next day.....the problem is back.  The only consistent thing are the crashes.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firefox has a user profile that isn't (afaik) removed when you do an uninstall/install.  I believe this page's instructions walk you through steps that will actually remove this folder:

Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings | Firefox Help

Have you also tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines