2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 10:40 AM by Urnahol4lyfe

Indesign CS6 - tooltips on toolbar do no longer show

Mollius11

Tool tips do no longer appear when I hold the mouse pointer over interface items such as tools in the toolbar and options in the Control panel.

So I have tried with a new installation and updating, leaving the default settings including the preferences unchanged  – to no avail (In my Photoshop CS6, however, tooltips work fine). The system runs on Windows 7.

Here is a screenshot of my (default) preferences > interface:

Many thanks in advance!

Mollius

• 1. Re: Indesign CS6 - tooltips on toolbar do no longer show
          Level 1

I’m not on a Windows machine, but the same fix might work for you:

Two coworkers of mine had the same issue, trashing the ‘Saved Data’ file did the trick.

Forgot the specific file path to ‘Saved Data,’ but it starts with the hidden library, leading to the ‘Cache’ folder, from there you should be able to find it, just go through all the folders until you reach a file named ‘Saved Data’.

In the ‘Go’ command from the ‘Finder’ enter “~/library/caches”

From there look for a folder with the name “Indesign” something or other, the ones with the “com.adobe.Indesign...etc,” once there you should be well on your way.

That should work in my experiences.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: Indesign CS6 - tooltips on toolbar do no longer show
            Level 1

Revise:

In the ‘Go’ command from the ‘Finder’ enter “~/library/caches”

The exact file path is as follows:

Macintosh HD > Users > Your user name > Library > Caches > Adobe InDesign > Version 11.0 > en_US > InDesign SavedData

Trash the ‘InDesign Saved Data’ file. Hope Windows has a similar location for that file.

Cheers.