This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Welcome to the forum.
This is another one of those BUS problems. None come along and then two arrive. Someone else did report this and my response was to check very carefully and I believe I offered to look at a project where this was happening. Nothing more heard.
If you can recreate this in a new project, send it to me. I have to say I have never known RoboHelp to get the path wrong.
Thanks for your reply and offer of help. We'll give a try at recreating this in a new project. Given the BUS nature of the problem, though, we'll see whether we can get the problem to reoccur!
OK. If it does recur and you discover why before sending me the project, please post back, even if it is to say simple user error as we've all done it. At least that way we know there is not a RH problem. Otherwise there is a nagging doubt.
Let me get on this bus!
I have had this same problem, but I didn't know it. I can't duplicate the problem either--it just happens. My CHMs don't seem to be affected by it, but the .HTM files are.
Here's the background:
I have a couple of projects for which I compile CHMs. Then I switch to a different CSS file that uses the same name so it is located in a different folder. I have to copy the project source .htm and image files to an Eclipse online help project. When I run the help in Eclipse some of the links, images, and the CSS are broken. I have to go into the Eclipse project to remove the "../" to fix the path. A few rare broken paths get fixed when I add "../" to a path that doesn't have that.
There is absolutely no pattern to this. *shrug* I've been resigned to checking every link, image, and CSS in every topic after I move everything over to Eclipse. The CHM compiled from RH 5 works fine.