• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop having to reload Adobe Flash Player every time I shutdown?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past 6 months or so, I have had to re-install Adobe Flash Player every time I shutdown my PC. I am using Internet Explorer (latest version) on a Windows 7, 64 bit PC.  No problems when I use Chrome, but that has its own internal flash player.  Incidentally, I can't download video in Chrome, but it will play video.  I have to use Internet Explorer to download video through Real Player.  I have tried a "clean" install over and over again, but each time I shutdown my PC after downloading Adobe flash player, the next time I boot up my PC I find that my flash player for Internet Explorer is gone.  Even if I find it listed on my Control Panel, it is not recognized and I have to re-install it again.  Any ideas which would solve my persistent problem so I can stop having to re-load my flash player each time I want to download video?  BTW, I am downloading the flash player which uses Active X.  That's the only one which works on Internet Explorer.  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't technically support downloading videos from Flash.  RealPlayer hooks into Flash without our permission.  The security mechanisms designed to prevent malware from taking over your system prevent RealPlayer from doing its thing in Chrome and Firefox.  I expect that newer versions of IE will also impact RealPlayer's ability to inject themselves between Flash and the browser.

So that said, it's probably something to do with corrupted settings.  You might reset IE to default. 

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Windows Help

If that doesn't work, you can try blowing away all of the Flash stuff manually.

Before I did that, I'd make sure the filesystem is in a good state.  If files are getting corrupted, there's usually an underlying cause:

Check your hard disk for errors in Windows 7

If something is corrupted, you'll probably hit something that you can't delete. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/clean-install-flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines