2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 3:52 PM by Riccardo Cav

Mp4 animation scattering

Riccardo Cav

HI everyone,

I created a simple animation in which vector graphics interact with background pictures.

When I rendered it in mp4 I saw that in the resulting video graphics elements don't move smoothly: they scatter a lot and that's not the effect I was looking for. I would just like the graphics to follow the paths I drew (which they actually do when I watch the video in AE).

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Mp4 animation scattering
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

To me, the word "scatter" means, "breaking up into tiny pieces and speading all over the screen".

What does "scatter" mean to YOU?  Please elaborate.

Other things:

The animation may not be moving smoothly because you chose a low frame rate for the AE comp.  What is it?

If you're rendering mp4's directly from AE, don't.  Use Adobe Media Encoder to make them.

If you're running AE on a computer with a Yosemite OS, that could be the problem.  Yosemite stinks.

• 2. Re: Mp4 animation scattering
            Riccardo Cav Level 1

Thank you very much Dave.

Actually I shouldn't have used the verb scatter: the problem was more that graphic were not moving smoothly.

As you suggested I used Media Encoder and the result is now very good. I didn't know this was the right way to export an After Effect animation, so thank you very much.

All the best.