2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2007 12:36 PM by Newsgroup_User

DW CS3 won't run after install

robster60 Level 1
      I have gone so far as to doing a total reformat of my HD in order to get this to run!!!

I have ALSO called customer support 5 times without any solution (disconnect 4 times after over waiting more than 30 minutes each ). I have google the subject for 2 weeks. By now, I am on suicide watch.

I cannot get DW CS3 (trial) to run on XP sp2. It is a completely fresh install with all the latest Updates. After the install "completes", I try to run it. The first screen comes up as expected and asks for the s/n or if I want a 30 trial. Obviously, I don't have a s/n -- it's a trial -- so I select the 30 day trial option. Then I get an error windows which says, "Problem with Trial" A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial period for Adobe Dreamweaver CS3". I then have to quit the program and try something else but nothing I've tried works....and I've tried probably 25 different methods (dead serious). Cleanup utility, modifying the jscript, removing ALL Adobe software, even REFORMATTED my HD! I have also deleted the DW download and re-downloaded it but all to no avail.

What gives? Yeah, I've been told that Adobe doesn't support trails but how do you expect to GET a buyer when this goes on with a trial???! I STRONGLY suspect that full version would yield the same frustrating result anyway.

I am (or was) a likely buyer of the Master Collection but I certainly will not invest upwards of $2500 with a company that can't even get their software to install NOR support it.

My buying decision will hinge on the response I get to this post.

P.S. Can the installer itself get fixed so hundreds of other users like myself don't have to go through this?
        • 1. Re: DW CS3 won't run after install
          Level 7
          Obviously it won't install for you... so why keep pulling your hair out? Do
          what many people are doing... waiting until the bug fix comes out to try
          again.

Just a thought.

"robster60" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f78f9g$n3e$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have gone so far as to doing a total reformat of my HD in order to get
          >this
          > to run!!!
          >
          > I have ALSO called customer support 5 times without any solution
          > (disconnect 4
          > times after over waiting more than 30 minutes each ). I have google the
          > subject for 2 weeks. By now, I am on suicide watch.
          >

• 2. Re: DW CS3 won't run after install
            Level 7
            Or remove password protection from your PC. Worked for me (don't know why)

"robster60" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:f78f9g$n3e$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I have gone so far as to doing a total reformat of my HD in order to get
            >this
            > to run!!!
            >
            > I have ALSO called customer support 5 times without any solution
            > (disconnect 4
            > times after over waiting more than 30 minutes each ). I have google the
            > subject for 2 weeks. By now, I am on suicide watch.
            >
            > I cannot get DW CS3 (trial) to run on XP sp2. It is a completely fresh
            > install with all the latest Updates. After the install "completes", I try
            > to
            > run it. The first screen comes up as expected and asks for the s/n or if
            > I
            > want a 30 trial. Obviously, I don't have a s/n -- it's a trial -- so I
            > select
            > the 30 day trial option. Then I get an error windows which says, "Problem
            > with
            > Trial" A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial period
            > for
            > Adobe Dreamweaver CS3". I then have to quit the program and try something
            > else
            > but nothing I've tried works....and I've tried probably 25 different
            > methods
            > (dead serious). Cleanup utility, modifying the jscript, removing ALL
            > Adobe
            > software, even REFORMATTED my HD! I have also deleted the DW download and
            > re-downloaded it but all to no avail.
            >
            > What gives? Yeah, I've been told that Adobe doesn't support trails but
            > how do
            > you expect to GET a buyer when this goes on with a trial???! I STRONGLY
            > suspect that full version would yield the same frustrating result anyway.
            >
            > I am (or was) a likely buyer of the Master Collection but I certainly will
            > not
            > invest upwards of $2500 with a company that can't even get their software
            > to
            > install NOR support it.
            >
            > My buying decision will hinge on the response I get to this post.
            >
            > P.S. Can the installer itself get fixed so hundreds of other users like
            > myself
            > don't have to go through this?
            >