7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2007 4:22 AM by Newsgroup_User

Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML

Level 7
      Hello u all!

Im using Dreamweaver 8.02

I need help here. I´ve a big problem - Im using a Template that as a banner
      menu with rollover behavoris created on Fireworks. That menu is imported to
      Dreamweaver likes this : "Insert/Image Objects/Fireworks HTML.
      After that, ive created new pages basead on that templated - so far so good.

Them problem: When i make any changes on the template and update all the
      related pages, the banner menu images path changes to the images path like
      this: "<body onload="MM_preloadImages('file:///d|/AULAS
      UA/2ANO/Lab4/Praticas/strikofaite/DW_4/images/images/banner_tp1_r1_c2_f2.gif'""
      And the correct shoul be "images/banner_tp1_r1_c2_f2.gif'" or
      ../images/banner_tp1_r1_c2_f2.gif'"

the pages in local machine works fine. But when i ulpoad them to the
      webserver - the banner menu dos not show the images because the path of
      them is not correct.

Does anyone know why this happens and how should i solve the problem?

Thanks
      Fred

• 1. Re: Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML
          Level 7
          This is typically what happens when you insert an image that is NOT within
          the local root folder of your site into a page in DW, and then refuse the
          prompt to copy that image into your local root folder. Or, you have saved
          the page OUTSIDE the local root folder.

Try this -

1. Create a new page in DW after selecting *any* site you have defined.
          2. Insert an image from within that site into the page.
          3. Look at the code (before saving the page) and you will see a link that
          points to the file on your hard drive. This is because DW doesn't know
          where you are going to save that file yet, hence it cannot write the link as
          it will be in the final page.
          4. Save the page within the site you are using currently and look at the
          code again. Note that the link style has changed now that DW knows where
          the page is to be located within the site.
          5. Now, save the page *outside* the defined site (you can use the global
          icons at the top of your site list to do this), and look at the code again.
          Note that the link has reverted to the original form (and will therefore be
          broken when you upload the file) because DW cannot track that image file as
          a function of the root of the site anymore (not knowing where the root is in
          relation to where you have now saved the page).

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
          ==================

"Frederico Cerdeira" <fredc@netvisao.pt> wrote in message
          news:ercf9s$ckf$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello u all!
          >
          > Im using Dreamweaver 8.02
          >
          > I need help here. I´ve a big problem - Im using a Template that as a
          > banner menu with rollover behavoris created on Fireworks. That menu is
          > imported to Dreamweaver likes this : "Insert/Image Objects/Fireworks HTML.
          > After that, ive created new pages basead on that templated - so far so
          > good.
          >
          > Them problem: When i make any changes on the template and update all the
          > related pages, the banner menu images path changes to the images path like
          > this: "<body onload="MM_preloadImages('file:///d|/AULAS
          > UA/2ANO/Lab4/Praticas/strikofaite/DW_4/images/images/banner_tp1_r1_c2_f2.gif'""
          > And the correct shoul be "images/banner_tp1_r1_c2_f2.gif'" or
          > ../images/banner_tp1_r1_c2_f2.gif'"
          >
          > the pages in local machine works fine. But when i ulpoad them to the
          > webserver - the banner menu dos not show the images because the path of
          > them is not correct.
          >
          > Does anyone know why this happens and how should i solve the problem?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Fred
          >

• 2. Re: Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML
            Level 1
            Frederico,

Please see other message in general discussion over there at DW. Please try NOT to double postings. This is to confuse and make this more difficult for other participants to offer some tips or suggestion back forth in two seperate forums for the same topic.

TIA and good luck, DWD
            • 3. Re: Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML
              Level 7
              Ok Sorry about that. The issue is solved.
              Thanks

"Deaf Web Designer" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> escreveu na mensagem
              news:erfqeb$2bu$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Frederico,
              >
              > Please see other message in general discussion over there at DW. Please
              > try
              > NOT to double postings. This is to confuse and make this more difficult
              > for
              > other participants to offer some tips or suggestion back forth in two
              > seperate
              > forums for the same topic.
              >
              > TIA and good luck, DWD
              >

• 4. Re: Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML
                Level 1
                Glad to know that you got your problem resolved.

quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                Ok Sorry about that. The issue is solved.
                Thanks

• 5. Re: Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML
                  lil.pri
                  Hi there
                  my names sarah im a college student, at present i am designing a website for student around bristol on all the bars and nightclubs, but im losing so much time and missing deadlines as im so fussy with the design. I'm having trouble at the moment tryin to insert a lightbox onto my gallery page as i do not quite understand all the html!! i'm wondering if you know how to set a picture as a thumbnail or if you know any simple but elegant ways that users may view pictures on my website. i would really appreciate your time if your able to help
                  thanks
                  sarah
                  • 6. Re: Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML
                    Level 7
                    lil.pri wrote:
                    > Hi there
                    > my names sarah im a college student, at present i am designing a website for
                    > student around bristol on all the bars and nightclubs, but im losing so much
                    > time and missing deadlines as im so fussy with the design. I'm having trouble
                    > at the moment tryin to insert a lightbox onto my gallery page as i do not quite
                    > understand all the html!! i'm wondering if you know how to set a picture as a
                    > thumbnail or if you know any simple but elegant ways that users may view
                    > pictures on my website. i would really appreciate your time if your able to help
                    > thanks
                    > sarah
                    >

Sara,

This is a Fireworks Extension that creates a Flash photo album that you
                    can add to your site.
                    http://tinyurl.com/22leq7

If you have Dreamweaver, there is a built-in photo album generator. If
                    you search Adobe Exchange http://www.adobe.com/exchange/
                    There are several photo album extensions for Dreamweaver.

HTH,
                    SKB
                    • 7. Re: Deamweaver Template + Fireworks HTML
                      Level 7
                      Be aware that you have "HIGHJACKED" a previous thread. I'm betting you will
                      never find these responses because of that. Make sure you post a NEW
                      message rather than replying to a thread....

--
                      Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                      Adobe Community Expert
                      (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                      ==================
                      http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                      http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                      http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                      http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                      ==================

"lil.pri" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                      news:erjvvb$3qb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                      > Hi there
                      > my names sarah im a college student, at present i am designing a website
                      > for
                      > student around bristol on all the bars and nightclubs, but im losing so
                      > much
                      > time and missing deadlines as im so fussy with the design. I'm having
                      > trouble
                      > at the moment tryin to insert a lightbox onto my gallery page as i do not
                      > quite
                      > understand all the html!! i'm wondering if you know how to set a picture
                      > as a
                      > thumbnail or if you know any simple but elegant ways that users may view
                      > pictures on my website. i would really appreciate your time if your able
                      > to help
                      > thanks
                      > sarah
                      >