0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2007 3:05 PM by avwcivilian

Contribute & Dreamweaver

avwcivilian
      Hello -

I run a small business and for years have edited my site in Dreamweaver. Currently, I have version 8 and have been using it for 10 months with no issues - in fact - I've never had any problems connecting to my server with DW.

Recently, it has been decided that a co-worker will also edit the site but w/ Contribute. I have version 3 and he has version 4.

The company is completely Mac based. He has an older g4 powerbook. I have a Macbook Pro (11 months old).

Neither of us can connect to our server w/ Contribute. I have tried to Enable Contribute Compatibility through the Site Definition in DW and I'm told that "Dreamweaver could not connect to the remote server."

I gave up with this idea and attempted to connect with Contribute. I duplicated all the settings that I have used in Dreamweaver for years (passive FTP, etc)

I appear to connect with Contribute, but when it comes time to choose the root folder (I'm able to browse through my server, so I must be connected) I'm told that Contribute cannot verify your connection."

I have set the permissions on the root folders to 777 and that has not appeared to do anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much.