1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2015 2:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Green flickering effect in addition to Watermark in Premier Elements 13 trial version

rak1234

I have downloaded the Trial version of Premier Elements 13 and installed it.  When viewing an imported .mpg file, I find that not only is there a watermark covering all frames, but approximately two of every three frames of the file are replaced with completely blank green frames.  Thus, there is no way to evaluate the product.  I don't know whether the trial version is intended to include these blank frames with the watermark, but I seriously doubt that you would design it that way.

My question is, how do I get Premier Elements 13 to show me ALL the frames in a video file.  I don't mind the watemark, but I need to see all my frames.  Otherwise, when I play the file, all I see is a constant green flickering effect.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Green flickering effect in addition to Watermark in Premier Elements 13 trial version
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rak

The Adobe watermark is typical of the tryout. You can remove it from the tryout's project file by opening that project file in the purchased version and doing whichever of the following two

works for you

a. Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files (classical answer)

or

b. Do nothing but open the tryout project file in the purchased product (this has worked for many of us)

You cannot remove the Adobe watermark from an export from the tryout, be it a file from export to file or a burn to disc.

Are you running the program as Administrator and do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

Is your video card/graphics card drive up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

What are the properties of this .mpg video that you have imported...looking for

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

interlaced or progressive

pixel aspect ratio

Also, please confirm that you are targeting the viewing of your Timeline .mpg in the Edit area monitor and are not pointing to the video and audio display track formats.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR