1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 12:03 AM by richardplondon

Missing Print Templates Folder

hayleek33417369

I have recently purchased some blog templates and I can not install them because I have no print templates folder.

I go edit-preferences-show lightroom folder- lightroom- and there is no print templates folder to drop the templates into.

Please help!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Missing Print Templates Folder
          richardplondon Level 4

I assume you mean, Edit / Preferences...  [presets tab] Location: [Show Lightroom Presets Folder]. If you haven't yet saved any print presets of your own, then LR has not yet had any need of a User folder to contain such. So one may not yet have been made.

The easiest way to get LR to do that, (and to be sure that you are looking in the right place) : click the + icon next to Template Browser in Print module.

IOW: save a dummy print preset, doesn't matter about its contents, but enter some very distinctive name and then click Create. By default this should go into "User Templates", which is made as necessary, though you can choose to make a differently named folder if you prefer.

Full path on my Win8.1 is C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Print Templates\User Templates

Then take a look in Explorer and see what has changed - if there's any problem, you can always disk search for whatever distinctive template name you have just entered. Copy your other bought templates alongside this new dummy print preset, restart LR and you should be able to start using any of those. Delete the dummy preset in due course.

(Note that it is quite usual for built-in LR presets to be held somewhere quite different, than user created or user added items. The provided choices such as "(1) 4 x 6" and "custom 1 over 2" may not be findable anywhere on disk, for example.)