2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 5:59 AM by Yankee Rebel

InDesign Version 10.2.0.69 What's New Window Freezes

Yankee Rebel Level 1

I just downloaded InDesign version 10.2.0.69 and experienced the faulty What's New screen. This also happened to me when I first installed CC a year ago.

I've gone into the InDesign folder in the Apps folder and deleted the What's New folder.

Then I deleted a similarly named folder by right-clicking on the app's icon itself, then->Show Package Contents->Contents->MacOS->Resources->CEP->extensions->WhatsNewBundle. I followed this procedure last year when I first installed ID and it cured the problem.

After doing the above, I rebooted and relaunched InDesign but the What's New screen again showed a blank white and froze.

I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5 on a 2006 MacPro. I know this machine is probably part of the problem because I also have a 2012 MacPro running 10.7.5 and it presents no issues.

For the time being, can someone explain to me how to reinstall the earlier ID version prior to the above named version? I had to do it before when Photoshop also acted this way. I used the CC desktop app to reinstall the older version.

Thanks so much for reading,

Tony