12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2015 5:53 PM by A.T. Romano

problems installing premiere elements 12

loiklanglois

i bought a laptop with photoshop elements 12 and premiere elements. i installed photoshop but i cant install premiere elements. give me the steps to follow to install it pleaseeeee

• 1. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

loiklangois

Did the programs come pre-installed with a new laptop? Or, are you installing them into the laptop with a purchased download from Adobe or other or from an installation disc? Do you have a separate serial number for each?

What type of problems are you having with the install of Premiere Elements 12? How far do you get into the install before or after the Sign In at the end?

However you installed Photoshop Elements 12 should be the same steps to installing Premiere Elements 12. System Requirement of the two may differ, so lots to explore, but

with details.

We will be watching for further details in the morning.

ATR

• 2. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
            loiklanglois Level 1

i received an email with a key for photoshop and another for premiere elements. i installed photoshop well and used it few times. with premiere, i install the thing and they say "the file will be moved in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12"

i go to the file location and theres nothing. am i missing something or its just not working?

• 3. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

loiklanglois

Thanks for the reply.

Let us go through this check list....you have not said yet what computer operating system is involved...for now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for your Premiere Elements 12 install.

1. If you go to Control Panel/Programs, do you find Adobe Premiere Elements 12 in the list of installed programs?

2. Find Folder Options in your computer. And in Folder Options/View Tab scroll down to find the option "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives". Make sure that there is a "dot" in front of

it to enable it.

3. Navigate

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder scroll down until you reach a file specifically name Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Do you see it?

4. Assuming that you have found the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, right click it and select Run As Administrator.

Then double click the file to try to open the program to the Premiere Elements workspace.

How far do you get in doing steps 1, 2, 3, and 4?

Depending on your results, we will decide what next which is likely to be

uninstall regular Control Panel route

free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

But I have some more troubleshooting ideas before we are forced to the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                loiklanglois Level 1

yes im on windows 8.1 64bit

1. no i dont
                2. done
                3. see pic below
                4. i couldnt reach there..

kk.PNG

• 5. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

loiklanglois

Let us try the following....

1. Run the free ccleaner (regular and registry parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

2. Assure that antivirus and firewall(s) are disable for the following. Download and install the free tryout of Premiere Elements 12 from the following web site.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Be sure to carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" to avoid an Access Denied message.

a.. during the installation you can insert your purchased serial number into those installation files.

b. during installation use the default location on the Local Disk C for the program

Does that work, so that you see Adobe Premiere Elements 12 in Control Panel installed program as well as its

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe found under

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder scroll down to Adobe Premiere Elements.exe to verify its existence there.

Miscellaneous

Please remove that Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder from

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

before you start any of this.

To be explored later - if necessary.

they say "the file will be moved in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12"

i go to the file location and theres nothing. am i missing something or its just not working?

We will be watching for your progress.

Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                    loiklanglois Level 1

omg thank you i love you <3 it worked! im so thankful! i forgive adobe for hacking my facebook a year ago.

• 7. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                      loiklanglois Level 1

yeah humm well it doesnt work finnally, the icon is here, but it wont open. it opended the first time i tried and it crashed. now it wont open at all.

• 8. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

loiklanglois

Thanks for the updates. Let us see what we can do to improve on post 7 details to get the program to open for you.

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the

whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Remember to make sure that your Folder Options

is not set to hide folders, files, and drives.

2. Also, determine if the problem exists with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for further developments.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                          loiklanglois Level 1

well, i cant do anything more here. the logs folder is empty..dfghj.PNGtheres another folder called premiere elements but its empty..iut.PNG

• 10. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

loiklanglois

Thanks for the update. When you got the program working that once (referring to post 6), were there files and folders in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder in the route

Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\ and was one of the files the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file?

Now that the program is not working again, what is the status of the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file...can you still find that in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder cited above in this reply?

As for the Adobe settings file (Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs), that should be present in your second screenshot...path

Local Disk C\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming|Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0

with the file existing in the 12.0 Folder in that path.

What I wanted to clarify..have you ever seen these files, good time or bad. I wondering if they are installing and disappearing or never getting installed at all.

ATR

• 11. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                              loiklanglois Level 1

i dont know what i did but it work haha.

thanks for the help anyway! good support thank you

• 12. Re: problems installing premiere elements 12
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

loiklanglois

Marvelous news. Thanks for working through the program to gain your success. Great job.

Best wishes.

ATR