5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 5:31 AM by Steve Grisetti

Adobe premiere elements and roaming profiles problem

Morten Holbein Level 1

We bought Adobe premiere elements 12 for use in our school lab environment and after lots of struggle I now see that it doesn't support roaming profiles. Is there a fix for this or have we wasted lots of money.

Is there a way to change the default save location during deployment?

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere elements and roaming profiles problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

By default, the program will save its project files to the same location. However, you can save your files to any location -- even to a network drive -- from which you can access it from any computer.

So I guess it depends on what you mean by a "roaming profile".

There is a feature of some versions of Windows that allows you to access user accounts on a number of computers -- but I don't know individual software that does.

Unless, of course, you kept all of your media files on the Revel cloud.

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere elements and roaming profiles problem
            Morten Holbein Level 1

Since this is in a LAB environment we have roaming profiles for the students. That means that their profiles reside on a server and not on the local machine.

The default location to premiere the first time you start is below appdata folder and documents folder. So after we have rolled out the programs to the lab, Premiere will fail and not work. You will be asked after several error messages that you can save to another location but we want to change the default location when we deploy the software.

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere elements and roaming profiles problem

Premiere Elements must be installed on the computer's C drive -- although its project and media files may be on a second drive or network server.

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere elements and roaming profiles problem
                Morten Holbein Level 1

I know that it have to be installed on the c: drive. But my question is if there are any way to change the default save location during deployment. Because Premiere will be installed on c:\program files\adobe\ adobe premiere elements 12\ but the default scratch disks and project location will be automatically tried to save to their roaming profiles the first time and causing the problem.

Remember this is in a lab environment and new users will log on all the time and therefore get the error messages failures.

Again, my question is:

Is there a way to change the default start location during DEPLOYMENT (we use Configuration manager 2012) so that it will always start on for example c:\localmedia instead of their documents or appdata folders which are inside their roaming profile.

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere elements and roaming profiles problem

There is no way to change the default save location for your project and media files. However, as I said in my first post, you can manually direct the program to save these files to any location.

You also can not direct the program to save its app data to a different default location. However, any temp, render and backup files will be saved in the same directory as you direct the program to save its project files.