Turn it off from the View menu....
I don't want to turn off the grids. I would like to keep them on the document but not on off of the pages. Hopefully that is clearer.
Not in the least.
But the short answer is grids can be visible, or not visible. If you put them "behind" you can hide them with a filled frame.
Do you mean you want the grid to be visible on the page, but not the pasteboard? If that is what you mean, there is not a built-in option to control it that way.
If having the grid on the pasteboard really bothers you, you could (using Peter's filled-frame suggestion):
- Go to a master page and zoom out until the entire pasteboard is in view.
- Draw two rectangles; one the size of the page (aligned with the page edges), and the other the size of the pasteboard.
- With both rectangles selected, choose Object > Paths > Make Compound Path...
- Apply a white fill.
- Optionally, lock the layer and make one or more new layers above for content.
- This could be saved as a template so you don't have to repeat it.
Yes, exactly. Thank you!