3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 3:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Error compiling movie

ELN-Justin

During publish + share operation I receive the following "Export Error" Error compiling movie. Unknown error.

The timeline plays through without any troubles and I rendered the footage before attempting to export.  I read a vague tip that some of the clips may cause the error but how can you diagnose without individually removing every clip?

I am using trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 13.1 (20150131.daily.767917) with Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz/ 8 GB RAM)/ 297 GB free hard disk space

Your cooperation is appreciated.

JS

• 1. Re: Error compiling movie
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ELN-Justin

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 running?

What specific export are you doing in the Publish+Share/ section of the program?

Have you read the following Adobe document as it relates to Premiere Elements and "compiling errors"

"Error compiling movie" during render or export

Please include going back to the Expert worksapce Timeline and expanding it max with the -+ slider above the Timeline in order

to get the best possible view of what is there

a. transitions placements

b. gaps

c. slivers/fragments of clips or whole clips that might have been moved aside and forgotten about

d. Timeline menu marker spacing as well as overlapping buttons in the menus

Then making copies of the project (File Menu/Save A Copy) and using those copies for selective elimination troubleshooting.

We could also look at deleting the setting file Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs or the Folder in which it exists, but let us see how we

do with the above mentioned factors and details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Error compiling movie
            ELN-Justin Level 1

ATR - Thanks for your feedback.

I'm running on Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 (32-bit).

I've looked at the "Error compiling movie" during render or export link previously but am reviewing it again at your request.

1. I have rendered the project timeline

2. I am currently trouble-shooting clips and it appears that one of them is the cause...which one...hours later I am still deducing.

Thanks for your suggestions but this is a pretty clumsy way to trouble-shoot an issue (IMO).

JS

• 3. Re: Error compiling movie
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JS

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. But you would be going through the same drill I suspect either way if it offered you support.

Things will not get better going from tryout to purchased product....if there a flaw in the construction of your Timeline or a corrupt file, that will happen with tryout or purchased version. It is good that you are looking at the tryout before purchase.

You write

I am currently trouble-shooting clips and it appears that one of them is the cause...which one...hours later I am still deducing.

......this is a pretty clumsy way to trouble-shoot an issue (IMO).

Have you expedited matters in the strategy that you have used for the selective elimination troubleshooting

a. section by section...sort good from bad sections...you do not have to and should not start by eliminating clip by clip by clip

b. bad section breakdown

c. moving forward as indicated

Issue get troubleshooted as indicated by the user input. It would be good information to have with regard to the export involved

when the compiling error was triggered. Have you gone through a through d in my post 1 to rule each of those factors in or out?

What is the duration of the problem project? If it is a short project, have you considered starting a new project (redoing the old) and

determining if the compiling error hits again?

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR