4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 8:50 AM by A.T. Romano

can I convert my Elements licence from Windows to IOS

ronb71663583

I am using Premier Elementson on a windows 7 PC, can I convert this to run only on an IMAC running IOS Yosemite ?

• 1. Re: can I convert my Elements licence from Windows to IOS
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ronb

What version of Premiere Elements on your Windows 7? Nevertheless....

No if all you have are Premiere Elements Windows installation files from purchase of an online download.

Premiere Elements Windows does not work on Premiere Elements Mac and vice versa. Also, project files from Windows version do not work on Mac version and vice versa.

If you had purchased the box packaging you would be expected to have two discs, one for Windows version and one for Mac version. Then use the Mac disc for installation of the product

on Mac.

If your purchase was from online download, then all you have are installation files specific to the computer operating system to which the files were downloaded.

ATR

• 2. Re: can I convert my Elements licence from Windows to IOS
            ronb71663583 Level 1

Thanks ATR

I have Elements 11, installed by download - no disks

I do not have a disc drive for my iMac 27 Retina - can I download latest version of Elements via download ?

Ron

• 3. Re: can I convert my Elements licence from Windows to IOS
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As far as I know, the download is single version only... you will need to buy new to install on a Mac

• 4. Re: can I convert my Elements licence from Windows to IOS
                A.T. Romano Level 7

ronb

Yes. If your iMac does not have a built in burner for installation disc insertion, you can download Premiere Elements 13 to Mac from Adobe direct.

But, if you purchase the download, it would be specific for Mac. You will not have the perk of a box packaging where you get an installation disc for Windows

and an installation disc for Mac.

Consider also the tryout before purchase to assure the compatibility of your Premiere Elements 13 Mac with your specific Mac computer operating system and project goals.

Adobe includes that Premiere Elements 13 is not support on Mac OXS 10.7.

Best wishes

ATR