Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Typing in Demo mode and mouse pointer

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question about how Captivate captures typing in Demonstration mode. The issue is mainly the mouse pointer. I can change the mouse pointer to show the I-beam from the mouse properties, but the result is that the mouse pointer become the I-beam before the mouse actually clicks the text entry box.

I want the mouse pointer to:
1)stay as the arrow while moving to the text entry box
2)Click entry box and change to I-beam
3) trigger typing

I've played around with duplicating slides and fiddling with the mouse to show and hide. Any ideas?

Lisa
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa

I think you are on the right track for what you want to do. As each slide is limited to a single mouse movement, it is also limited to a single mouse pointer. For example, on a single slide, you cannot have the mouse move from point a to point b, passing over a field and suddenly changing to an I Beam. I suppose this is probably possible if the slide contains a full motion clip, but you can't edit those so these aren't what I'm referring to. I'm talking about your average slides.

What you can do is to have a slide where the mouse moves up to the point where the pointer changes. On the next slide, the mouse pointer uses the I Beam and perhaps types. Then the slide after that would have the mouse pointer back to an arrow if desired.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi rick,

I did figure out that I could duplicate a slide and set the mouse cursor to the I-beam and set the timing to .5 sec. This will simulate my needs.

Thanks lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources