1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 8:15 AM by Diane Borgard

After Effects CS5.5 Error Rendering known clean project even after Reinstall and after System Restore

Diane Borgard Level 1

I've been getting frequent, but not consistent, errors during rendering AE CS5.5 projects with lots of 3D layers and lights. I have gone back to a known clean project to confirm the issue isn't with a particular project. The error is usually an error invoking the advanced 3D render engine. This is sometimes followed by a bad tracked memory id popup. But sometimes the program just hangs up.

My System:

i7 960@3.2GHz

24GB RAM

Windows 7 professional 64 bit SP1

NVidia Geforce GTX 570

I have trashed the preferences, cleaned the cache, turned off rendering multiple frames, deleted Open GL, updated the graphics card drivers and even tried reverting to old graphics card drivers. Window's Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't find any problems. System File Checker Tool didn't find any corrupt files. My system drive is not fragmented.  I have reinstalled AE, reinstalled all of CS5.5, and did a system restore to a known working point (both with and without doing the Windows updates that have occurred since the restore point). None of this fixed the problem.

I have tried the script BG Renderer to render in the background. I have consistently gotten the following error running the script, which I'm hoping will be a clue:

"aerender ERROR An existing connection was forcible closed by the remote host.

:Unable to receive at line 314

aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for a response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the - reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects."

The first two times I tried to render with BG Renderer, the error came right after closing AE. But I still got the same error if I left AE open and just sat and watched.

Any help is appreciated.